An Adult Developmental Home is a foster home for adults who are receiving services through the Division of Developmental Disabilities and who are unable to live in their natural family homes. Adult Developmental Home Providers must choose an agency (like Safe Haven Services) and be approved for licensure through the Office of Licensing, Certification, & Regulation (OLCR) to provide a supportive environment to an adult who has a developmental disability.
A Child Developmental Home is a foster home for children in DCS custody who are diagnosed with a developmental disability and who are receiving services through the Division of Developmental Disabilities. A Child Developmental Home Provider must select a developmental home agency (like Safe Haven Services) and meet certain qualifications in order to be licensed through the Office of Licensing, Certification, and Regulation (OLCR).
As an applicant for either Adult or Child developmental home licensure, you would need to complete the initial licensing process. This would take approximately 90 days and would include a series of required training as well as the completion of documentation. An agency (such as Safe Haven Services) would be responsible for assisting you through this process and for facilitating the training for you. If you would like to know more on how to get licensed as a provider, click the link below.
In short, here is a list of benefits to becoming licensed:
*The opportunity to provide a safe and supportive home to an individual in need.
*You receive reimbursement for services. Reimbursement varies based on which agency you choose to get licensed through. Reimbursement rates are highly negotiable.
*The reimbursement you receive is completely tax exempt.
We know you have a choice when selecting an agency so here are a few reasons why you should choose us:
* We focus heavily on supporting your family throughout licensure, during, and even after licensure. We pride ourselves on creating lasting relationships with providers.
* Our mission is to provide support, advocacy, and guidance to providers in order to assist you in providing a loving, stable, and secure home to the members in our care.
*We offer a high reimbursement rate in order to provide the financial support to your family and the individual(s) living in your home.
Here are a few more recommendations from our agency regarding licensure:
* Although the reimbursement for providing services in your home is high, please remember that becoming licensed as a provider is a full time commitment from you and your family.
* Choose your agency wisely. providing care to individuals with developmental disabilities is highly rewarding, but can be difficult at times. We highly recommend that you choose an agency who has a good reputation and who is willing to support you through this.
* Since we are licensing family homes, your home matters. If you are interested in becoming licensed but are looking to move in to a home, ensure that the home you choose would be desirable to a family wanting to place their loved one in your home.